- Florida ranks among the nation’s top 5 states for manufacturing, home to more than 20,000 manufacturing companies. Manufacturing accounts for 4.95% of Florida’s Gross State Product.
- On the First Coast, there are over 1,100 manufacturing companies, supplying over 34,000 jobs and generating nearly 15% of the total gross regional product.
- The average wage for manufacturing in our region is $66,551, higher than the state average of $61,735.
- 80% of Florida manufacturers have 20 or fewer employees.
- Florida manufacturers produce a variety of goods including aerospace products, batteries, food and beverages, communications equipment, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, semiconductors, boats, and more.
- Every $1 in manufactured goods produces $3.60 in other sectors.
First Coast Manufacturing – Economic Analysis
FloridaMakes, with support from FCMA and CareerSource Florida, developed an in-depth economic analysis of Florida’s manufacturing on the First Coast. The research was conducted by IHS.
This data can be used to determine, document and report future growth patterns of emerging and existing manufacturing subsectors in the state, and to enhance strategic planning for workforce training and economic development opportunities and other manufacturing sector needs.
Top Regional Employers 2019
- FLEET READINESS CENTER S.E. – Navy Aircraft Manufacturing & Repair
- JOHNSON & JOHNSON VISION CARE – Contact Lens Manufacturing
- FLIGHTSTAR AIRCRAFT SERVICES – Heavy MRO
- NORTHROP GRUMMAN – Aircraft Manufacturing
- BAE SYSTEMS SOUTHEAST – Defense, Security and Aerospace
- GEORGIA PACIFIC CORPORATION, PALATKA – Pulp & Paper Operations